Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meet the Artist: Julian Acosta



What careers besides Art have you had?
Most of my professional career has been in marketing and product management. I am sure that attending photo shoots and my involvement with advertising and promotions, is what lead me to pursue an art education.

Some of your paintings are expressive representation of the human condition. Why this topic in particular? 
I can’t think of many things more fascinating than human beings! With all our complexities and sophistication, we really have not changed much in how we deal with our lives and each other. I really love to watch people be, no matter who, no matter where.   


Within this theme, you focus on spirituality….what inspires you?
Spirituality is one of the aspects of the human condition that I am interested in, along with Physicality, Intellectuality and Emotionality. For me, spirituality is fundamental to who and how you be; it means living in alignment with what matters to you, not just talking about it or acting like you are somehow closer to god than the rest of us.   

You have a unique and vivid color scheme and a certain depth. How do you create your style?
Color is a wonderful tool, but no more important than line or shape or tone, etc. My earlier work was not as colorful – perhaps there is some hidden reason for that. Although I am on the high scale for being analytical, but I don’t start out trying to execute a particular art style. Whatever the creative source, I’m comfortable having the piece evolve stylistically.


In your own words…share with AT readers something unique about you personally?
“I am blessed. I also have had a life full of rich experiences, international travel, etc – As a boy, I spent many long days at an airport, where my dad worked, reading all kinds of magazines and seeing thousands of people from all over. I met movie stars, athletes, politicians – I’ve been within reach of two U.S. Presidents and actually met one. But my favorite is a photo I have with my boyhood hero: Walt Disney.”

No comments:

Post a Comment